Vignobles & Découvertes certification is designed to :
- help you find your way around a winemaking destination.
- point you towards quality services available locally.
- enable you to learn about all things wine while ensuring your holiday is packed with varied sightseeing that will interest all the family.
The ‘Vignobles & Découvertes’ label is awarded by the French tourism and agriculture ministers once applications have been vetted by the national tourism body Atout France and on the recommendation of the French wine tourism body the Conseil Supérieur de l'Oenotourisme. This certification is awarded only to winegrowing areas whose tourism offering is sufficiently varied, of high enough quality and which complements the wine-based theme.
Wine destinations that have achieved this certification include Cœur d’Alsace, the Chablis Vineyards and Pays de Bergerac. In our region of Midi-Pyrénées, the label has been awarded to:
- Destination Cahors-Malbec (Cahors AOP).
- Pays des Bastides et Vignoble du Gaillac (Gaillac AOP).
- Les Bons Crus D'Artagnan (Gers wine-producing region, including the AOP and IGP areas).
Values, meaning and commitment
The values championed by the Vignobles & Découvertes scheme are :
- The desire to communicate passion, know-how and heritage to others.
- The pleasure of welcoming visitors.
- Responsible consumption.
The label is awarded to qualifying wineries, accommodation providers, restaurants, visitor attractions, tourist offices, etc. only where they can demonstrate adherence to these values and the specification tailored to each profession.
Certified professionals, who are regularly inspected, are committed to the following code of conduct:
- To be sensitive to customers’ needs and guarantee a quality welcome and service.
- To give visitors an enriching experience of all aspects of the wine area.
- To provide accurate information about available services.
- To provide information about the destination and other local certified service providers.